Naples, FL Garbage Disposal Installation
Garbage disposals provide an expedient way to make sink draining effortless and to deal with messy food scraps and leftovers. But your disposal will need to be replaced sooner than you think if it is not cared for properly.
Caring for Your Garbage Disposal
Here are a few suggestions to consider when caring for your disposal:
- Do not overfill the garbage disposal.
- Always run water before and after using your disposal.
- Use cold water when you grind food. Hot water can melt fats that clog up.
- Do not put drain cleaners, bleach, or other chemicals down the garbage disposal unit.
- Never use your hand to pull materials out.
- Do not grind bones or try to put any of the following down the garbage disposal: coffee grounds, things like glass, metal, or rubber, or overly-fibrous materials (like corn husks).
It is time to replace your garbage disposal when you find that it is not working correctly. Replacing or installing a new garbage disposal can be difficult due to the confined space under your kitchen sink. One of our experienced plumbers can come to your home and provide multiple options, or we can install a garbage disposal you provide us. Call us at (239) 561-0026 to request an appointment.